50+ Appetizer Recipes with ingredients and procedure Part.1
Favori Restaurant Sizzling Catfish with Dill and Turmeric (Cha Ca Thanh Long)
Source: Chef Quean Truong, Favori Restaurant, Santa Ana, California
Yield: 2 main-course servings or 4 appetizers
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon confectioners' galangal*
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 3 tablespoons corn oil plus oil for frying
- 1 (8- to 12-ounce) catfish fillet
- 1/4 to 1/2 large white onion, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch fresh dill, roughly chopped
- 4 green onions, trimmed
- Optional for serving: Lime wedges; sliced chiles; Nuoc Cham
- dipping sauce*, cooked; room-temperature rice vermicelli;
- roasted peanuts; rice crackers (Banh da); curly-leaf lettuce;
- fresh mint
Prepare marinade: In a glass or ceramic shallow dish place salt, sugar, dried dill, turmeric, galangal, and white pepper; stir to combine. Add 3 tablespoons oil; stir to combine. Place fish in dish; gently swirl it to coat with marinade; turn and gently swirl to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for 1 hour.
Heat about 2 tablespoons corn oil on medium-high heat in a nonstick skillet large enough to hold fish. On a separate burner on medium-high, heat "fajita-style" grill pan (cast iron griddle that has a heat-proof trivet, often made of wood, that sits so it can be carried sizzling to the table). Cook catfish in nonstick skillet until brown and crispy and cooked through, about 3 to 5 minutes each side.
Place heated grill pan on the trivet. Place two large leaves of curly-leaf lettuce on a "fajita" pan and top with fish. Scatter onion and dill over fish and next to fish. Add green onions to the pan used to cook fish; cook 1 or 2 minutes on medium-high heat. Place next to fish. Carry sizzling fish to the table.
Serving: Provide each guest with a bowl. In the center of the table place a bowl of lime wedges, sliced chilies, nuoc cham dipping sauce, roasted peanuts, and cooked rice vermicelli. Also, provide a platter of lettuce and sprigs of fresh mint. Guests place some noodles at the bottom of their bowls. They can assemble their serving to suit their taste. Generally, noodles go it first, then a small serving of catfish topped with lettuce and mint, then a good spoonful of nuoc cham. Next, add some peanuts and, if you like, a sliver of chili and a squeeze of lime juice.
*COOK'S NOTES: Galangal is a knobby rhizome with a ginger-peppery flavor. It's available fresh and dried (confectioners') in Asian markets. Some supermarkets with large Asian specialty sections carry it dried. The dried, confectioners' version is sometimes labeled Laos powder or Laos ginger.
Nuoc Cham dipping sauce is made by combining 1/3 cup fish sauce, 3 tablespoons water, 5 tablespoons sugar, 1/2 cup fresh lime juice; stir until sugar dissolves. Add 1 tablespoon shredded carrot.
To cook small dried rice vermicelli, boil for about 4 minutes, drain, then refresh with cold water; drain.
Nutrition information per 6-ounce main-course serving: Calories 543 (68 percent from fat); fat 40.9 g (sat 6.5 g, mono 13.3 g, poly 18.7 g); protein 30 g; carbohydrates 15 g; fiber 2.37 g; cholesterol 80 mg; sodium 268 mg; calcium 17 mgThank's For Reading favori restaurant sizzling catfish with dill and turmeric Easy Recipes pimento cheese spread
Pimento Cheese Spread
This makes nice sandwiches and is good for party appetizers when spread on rounds of rye bread or wheat crackers.
- 2 1/2 cups sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (4 ounces) can pimentos, mashed with a fork, plus the liquid
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 cup salad dressing
Mix all ingredients together. Let mixture stand until it warms to room temperature, then beat at high speed with an electric mixer until it is smooth and creamy. Yields 2 cups.
Thank's For Reading pimento cheese spread Easy Recipes Bite-Size Pizzas
From the kitchen of GrannyB
- 4 English muffins, halved
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup ham, extra lean, chopped
- 1/3 cup onions, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1/8 cup black olives, sliced
Split the muffins in half and toast them in the toaster. Spread the pizza sauce on both halves of the muffins. Place remaining toppings evenly onto pizzas, saving shredded cheese for last. Bake at 350 degrees F for approximately 10 minutes or until cheese has melted. Remove from oven, and cut each muffin half into four pieces. Serve as appetizers or snacks.
Thank's For Reading Bite-Size Pizzas Easy Recipes Barbecued Duck Appetizers
Barbecued Duck Appetizers
- Barbecue Sauce
Use duck breasts, skinned and each half cut into thirds. Cut into halves if ducks are small. Legs may also be used. Wrap each piece of duck liberally with bacon and secure tightly with wooden picks. Place over coals and grill for approximately 1 hour. Baste frequently with any kind of barbecue sauce. Figure at least 1/2 large duck per person. This recipe is also good for dove breasts.Thank's For Reading Barbecued Duck Appetizers Easy Recipes marinated catfish appetizers
Marinated Catfish Appetizers
- 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 pounds catfish
- 1 small bottle Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small bottle of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons garlic salt
- Juice of 6 lemons
- Red onion slices
Fillet the catfish and cut the fillets into inch-wide strips. Mix together the next 6 ingredients and put them into a blender to mix. Soak the catfish strips at least 3 hours in the mixture (overnight is better) in the refrigerator.
Put fillets on skewers with red onion slices between fish slices, and cook 15 minutes on the charcoal grill, or until fish is done.Thank's For Reading marinated catfish appetizers Easy Recipes party tidbits
Makes 36 appetizers.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (14 ounces) can artichoke hearts drained and finely chopped
Heat oven to 375 degrees F. In a medium bowl stir together flour, cheese, and pepper. Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. In a small bowl combine water and Worcestershire sauce; stir into flour mixture until dough forms a ball. Fold in artichokes and blend well. On a lightly greased baking sheet drop dough by rounded teaspoons one inch apart. With a fork lightly flatten each tidbit. Bake 20 to 25 minutes until browned. Serve. Thank's For Reading party tidbits Easy Recipes
Garlic and Rosemary Shrimp
This is one of the recipes that I offer when I cater for an event. You can serve it as an appetizer or over pasta. It's delicious!
- 1 pound medium/large fresh shrimp
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large garlic bulb
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
Peel shrimp leaving on the tails, devein, wash and dry with paper towels. Set aside. Melt butter with olive oil in a skillet over medium/high heat. Separate and peel garlic bulb and add cloves to butter/oil mixture. SautThank's For Reading Garlic and Rosemary Shrimp Easy Recipes paesano's calamari gigantissimo
Paesano's Calamari Gigantissimo
Source: Paesano's, San Antionio, Texas
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped ginger
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch mixed with 2 teaspoon water
- Chopped fresh basil leaves (reserve a small amount for garnish)
- 1 1/2 pounds squid steaks or cleaned tubes and tentacles
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups Wondra flour (or other self-rising flour), seasoned to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Vegetable oil, for deep-frying
Sauce: Combine the ginger, shallots, and garlic together in a saucepan. Add the sugar, white wine and rice vinegar, tomato paste, water, and Sriracha sauce. Stir to blend and bring the mixture to a simmer. Cook gently, stirring frequently, for about 8 minutes. Whisk cornstarch mixture into the sauce. Add a few chopped leaves of the basil, cook for a minute or two more, remove from heat, and let cool. Refrigerate until serving time.
Calamari: Rinse the squid well and cut the steaks into strips about 1 1/2 inches wide, or cut the tubes into rings. Pat dry thoroughly with paper towels. Pour the buttermilk into a wide bowl, and put the seasoned flour in a second wide bowl. Pour oil into a deep pan (or covered fryer) to a depth of 3 to 4 inches.
Heat the oil to 350 degrees F. Dip a handful or so of the squid into the buttermilk, let drain, then toss into the flour. Coat well, then place squid in a strainer, hold it over the sink and shake off the excess flour. Place the squid into the hot oil and carefully separate the pieces, taking care to avoid any spattering oil. Cook briefly, about 2 minutes for the strips of steak, and just 1 minute for the rings and tentacles. The coating should be golden brown. Remove and drain on paper towels. Serve immediately along with the sauce, garnished with chopped basil. Makes about 6 appetizer servings.Thank's For Reading paesano's calamari gigantism Easy Recipes Diablo Shrimp
Shared with Recipe Goldmine by Thomas Trottier
- 1 pound clean shelled shrimp
- 2-3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 (6 ounces) can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 8 ounces milk or cream for a richer texture
Puree the chipotles in adobo sauce, (sometimes you can buy them that way). Heat oiled skillet to smoking, add garlic, then quickly add shrimp. Just sear shrimp for a few minutes. Turn heat to low, simmer add milk and chipotle puree. Serve as soon as it boils. Great on soft tacos or over rice as well as a stand-alone appetizer.Thank's For Reading Diablo Shrimp Easy Recipes strawberry blooming buds
Strawberry Blooming Buds
This is something that everyone loves and is one of the first to be devoured. It makes a beautiful presentation and is very delicious. I sometimes finely chop up some strawberries and make almond flour and add it to the filling which makes it extra special. I arrange these blossoms on a large platter and decorate them with fresh mint leaves. This went over well at the wedding. This can be served as an appetizer or dessert.
- 24 large fresh firm sweet strawberries cleaned with a damp paper towel or a flour sack type towel
- 6 ounces softened cream cheese
- 5 to 6 finely chopped strawberries
- 4 to 5 tablespoons confectioners' sugar (omit if you are using almond flour)
- 2 tablespoons sour cream or plain yogurt (I use the sour cream, I like the taste)
- Mint leaves to garnish the tops and arrange around the strawberries
Pull stems from strawberries (if there are any) so that the berries lay flat. Cut the top of the strawberries in half about 1/4 inch from the bottom. Then cut each half in half to form 4 petals. Slightly open the strawberry being careful not to break them. Place in refrigerator until ready to fill.
In a bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar or almond flour, and sour cream. If you are using the chopped strawberries gently fold them in.
I use a cookie press which has a star tube to fill the cavity of the strawberry ( a pastry bag with a star tip can also be used, I find it easier to use a cookie press instead of squeezing it through a pastry bag, it goes faster). Gently with a light touch fill the strawberries. I sometimes sprinkle the tops with some almond flour.
Arrange on a platter and decorate with mint sprigs and garnish the tops of strawberries with mint leaves. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup blanched almonds
- 4 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
Place ingredients in a food processor and process until you achieve a very very fine powder. Mix with the filling ingredients (the amount you add will depend on the flavor you want to achieve. I add a little of the almond flour first then taste the filling and add more to achieve the taste I want)
NOTE: If you are adding the almond flour, omit the 4 tablespoons of confectioners' sugar as listed above, as this will make the filling too sweet. The sugar in the almond flour is sufficient enough.Thank's For Reading strawberry blooming buds Easy Recipes Flaming Shrimp
This can be served over rice or as an appetizer.
- 1 pound cleaned, deveined shrimp, with tail shells left on
- 1/4 pound butter
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 fresh lemon, sliced very thin
- Fresh coarsely-ground pepper
- 1/4 cup rum
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
Melt butter in a saucepan, chafing dish, or electric skillet, depending on whether to be cooked at the table or on the stove. Add garlic to butter and sautThank's For Reading Flaming Shrimp Easy Recipes bacon and cheese breakfast pizza
Bacon and Cheese Breakfast Pizza
- 1 (9-inch) single-crust pastry
- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 8 ounces Swiss cheese, shredded
- 4 eggs
- 12 ounces sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
Roll pastry to fit into a 12-inch pizza pan. Bake at 425 degrees F for 5 minutes. Sprinkle bacon and cheese evenly over crust. In a bowl, beat eggs, sour cream, and parsley until smooth; pour over pizza. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until pizza is puffy and lightly browned. Yields 6 main-dish or 18 appetizer servingsThank's For Reading bacon and cheese breakfast pizza Easy Recipes hard rock cafe love me tenders with sauce
Hard Rock Cafe Love Me Tenders with Sauce
Yield: 12 servings
- 2 pounds chicken tenderloins
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread
- 1 cup yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 strips boneless breast meat
Mix together the egg and milk. Roll the chicken strips in the flour; coating evenly. Dip flour-coated strips in the egg wash, then roll in the crumbs, coating evenly. Deep-fry at 350 degrees F for about 2 to 3 minutes, being careful not to crowd pan until coating is golden brown. Serve immediately. To make the sauce: Beat ingredients together and serve. Serves 6 to 8 as an entree; 12 to 15 as an appetizer.Thank's For Reading hard rock cafe love me tenders with sauce Easy Recipes cinnamon cheese roll ups
Cinnamon Cheese Roll-Ups
These are great little treats to serve in the morning with a cup of coffee or tea. These are quick and very easy to put together. They are also great as an appetizer. If you like, you can take your favorite preserves placed in a decorating bag and pipe a strip of preserves over the filling. Very delicious!
- 1 (16 ounces) loaf white bread slices crusts removed
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 egg yolk
- 3/4 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
Squid Salad Rings
Source: Squid, The Versatile Shellfish
- 2 pounds whole squid
- 1 quart boiling water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/3 cup sliced green olives
- 3/4 cup Italian salad dressing paprika
- Clean squid.
Combine celery, olives, Italian dressing, and squid. Cover and let stand for several hours in the refrigerator. Sprinkle with paprika. Makes approximately 2 1/2 cups of salad. Serve as an appetizer.
Source: Squid, the Versatile Shellfish
- 2 pounds whole squid
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Cornmeal-Chile Pepper Biscotti
This is a sugarless cookie, great as an appetizer or with soups or salads. Also great with cheese spreads and dips.
- 1 cup sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 (4 ounces) can dice chile peppers, drained
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
Using mixer beat cheese and butter on high speed for 30 seconds. Add chile peppers, baking powder, salt, and pepper, beating until well combined. Add eggs, add cornmeal and flour, mix well, dough will be stiff. Divide dough in half. Shape each half into a 9-inch long loaf. Place about 5 inches apart on greased cookie sheet. Flatten with fingers till it is about 3 inches wide. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until light brown. Cool on cookie sheet for 1 hour.
Transfer loaves to cutting board; cut each loaf diagonally into 1/2 inch thick slices. Place slices cut side down, on cookie sheets. Bake in a 325 degrees F oven for 15 minutes. Turn slices over and bake 15 minutes more. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. 25-30 cookiesThank's For Reading cornmeal-chile pepper biscotti Easy Recipes olive garden chicken spiedies
Olive Garden Chicken Spiedies
Source: Olive Garden
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 10 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts, boned, skinned, cut into 1-inch squares
Add all ingredients except the chicken to a non-aluminum mixing bowl and mix thoroughly until the sugar and salt are completely dissolved. Pound the chicken breast between sheets of wax paper until an even thickness of 3/16 inches overall. Cut the chicken breast meat into 1-inch squares and add to the marinade, covering completely. Allow marinating for 2 hours, refrigerated. Remove from the marinade after 2 hours and drain.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
Mix all ingredients together just until blended. Chill 1 to 2 hours to blend flavors. Serve cold.
- 3 large red bell peppers, cut 1/2 x 1 inch 72 strips
- 2 large green bell peppers, cut 1/2 x 1-inch 48 strips
- 1 large yellow onion, cut 1/2 x 1-inch
- 24 (8-inch) bamboo skewers, soaked in water in the refrigerator overnight
Assemble Spiedies in the following order: red bell pepper, onion, chicken (folded into "C" shape on the skewer), green bell pepper, onion, chicken, alternately, finishing with a red pepper strip after the 4th piece of chicken on each skewer. Spread the skewered items out on each skewer, so they will cook quickly. Place the Spiedies on a grill or a griddle and cook approximately 1 minute per side, turning 4 times. Adjust the timing according to your equipment's heat output. Serve immediately, 4 per guest, with dipping sauce, about 1/4 cup per serving.Thank's For Reading olive garden chicken spiedies Easy Recipes kung pao king Chinese cuisine honeyed walnut prawns
Kung Pao King Chinese Cuisine Honeyed Walnut Prawns
This is a very quick-to-make dish if the walnuts have been prepared ahead of time.
- 12 freshwater prawns, shelled (see note)
- 1 tablespoon vodka
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 beaten egg
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Vegetable oil as needed for frying
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 (6 to 8 ounce) bag shelled walnut halves
To deep-fry prawns: Rinse prawns with cold water. Pat dry and toss with vodka and salt in a bowl. Marinate for 30 minutes. Drain and set aside. Toss prawns first in egg, then in cornstarch. Allow drying 5 minutes on a wire rack.
Heat about 2 inches of vegetable oil in a high-sided pan to about 325 degrees. Add prawns and cook until golden, about 2 minutes. Set aside cooked prawns on paper towels to dry. To make the sauce: Combine mayonnaise, sweetened condensed milk, and milk. Set aside.
To glaze the walnuts: Place sugar and water into a pot over medium-high heat. Stir until sugar no longer feels grainy and the mixture forms syrup. Add walnuts; reduce heat to low and stir. Cook, stirring often, about 15 minutes. Cool nuts on wax paper.
To assemble the dish: Toss prawns with sauce. Place on a platter and sprinkle with glazed walnuts to taste. If you have leftover walnuts, they may be frozen, or eaten as a sweet snack. Serves 4 as an appetizer. Or serve with rice to make an entrThank's For Reading kung pao king Chinese cuisine honeyed walnut prawns Easy Recipes Buffalo Wing Pizza
Buffalo Wing Pizza
Used this as an appetizer for 10 people (before a huge dinner) and not a spec left. If you are expecting more than 10 people, you might consider making two...
- 1 Boboli pizza crust
- Blue cheese salad dressing (your favorite brand or homemade is good)
- About 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 or 2 boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 or 2 tablespoons butter (or a mixture of olive oil and butter, if you prefer)
- Frank's Red Hot Sauce to taste
Spread blue cheese dressing on the pizza crust. Sprinkle as much shredded mozzarella cheese as desired on top of that. SautThank's For Reading Buffalo Wing Pizza Easy Recipes creme brulee scones
Creme Brulee Scones
- 3 cups Bisquick
- 1/2 cup dried cherries, finely chopped
- 1 cup creme brulee flavored liquid coffee creamer
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Watkins cinnamon
Goat Cheese in a Jar
Makes enough to fill a 10- or 12-ounce jar You can use any size jar for this appetizer. If you give it as gifts, make it a day or two before you give it and keep it refrigerated.
- 1 clean (10- to 12-ounce) jar with a tight-fitting lid
- 1 to 1 1/4 cups olive oil (see note)
- 1 (3.5 to 5 ounce) log goat cheese, cut into 1/2-inch thick coins
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup julienned sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 1/8 cup fresh basil, torn in thumbnail-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts (see note)
Pour enough olive oil to cover the bottom of your jar. Carefully lower in a goat-cheese round. Sprinkle in some of the garlic, the sun-dried tomatoes, the herbs, and the pine nuts. Cover with oil and repeat the process in layers until the jar is full to within 1/2 inch of the top, making sure that all is covered with the oil.
Let sit in the refrigerator for a day to mellow. It will keep for 10 days to two weeks in the refrigerator. To serve, spoon out a portion of the appetizer into a pretty, shallow bowl and serve with cubed bread to smear it on. It can also be tossed into hot, drained pasta. Top the pasta with freshly ground black pepper and parmesan cheese.
NOTE: To toast nuts, heat in a dry skillet over medium heat until they start to brown. Stir occasionally, being careful not to scorch them.Thank's For Reading Goat Cheese in a Jar Easy Recipes lilly's sea scallops with mango and jalapenos
Lilly's Sea Scallops with Mango and Jalapenos
Source: Chef Kathy Cary - Lilly's, Louisville, Kentucky
Serves 6 as an appetizer or 4 as an entree
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon
- 1 1/2 pounds sea scallops, cut in half horizontally
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 3/4 cup chopped shallots
- 1 jalapeThank's For Reading Lilly's sea scallops with mango and jalapenos Easy Recipes Dirty Shrimp
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 pound butter or margarine
- 2 pounds medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1/2 cup beer (optional)
Combine seasonings in a small bowl.
Melt the butter in a large skillet over high heat, then add seasonings. Cook for 1 minute. Add shrimp and cook 2 to 4 minutes, stirring constantly, until shrimp turn pink. If serving as an appetizer, omit the beer and serve immediately in a chafing dish with wooden picks.
If serving as an entree, add beer and simmer for 1 minute. Serve over rice with French bread on the side to dip into the sauce. Makes 12 appetizer servings or 6 dinner servings.Thank's For Reading Dirty Shrimp Easy Recipes fiesta cheesecake
Source: Casa Sedona Bed & Breakfast Inn, Sedona, Arizona
- 1 1/2 cups finely crushed tortilla chips
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded Monterey jack cheese with peppers
- 1 (4 ounces) can chop green chiles, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (8 ounces) carton sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup green onions
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped ripe olives
- 2 bunches of fresh cilantro or parsley (optional)
Combine tortilla chips and butter; press onto the bottom of a lightly greased 9-inch spring-form pan. Bake at 325 degrees F for 15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
Beat all 19 ounces of cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer for 3 minutes or until fluffy; add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Stir in cheese, chiles, and ground red pepper. Pour into prepared pan, and bake at 325 degrees F for 30 minutes. Cool 10 minutes on a wire rack.
Place on a bed of fresh cilantro or parsley, if desired. Gently run a knife around the edge of the pan to release sides, and let cool completely. Spread sour cream evenly over top; cover and chill. Arrange green pepper and remaining ingredients on top as desired. Yields one 9-inch cheesecake or 25 appetizer servings.Thank's For Reading fiesta cheesecake Easy Recipes pesto cheesecake