cranberry pretzel salad easy recipes
Cranberry Pretzel Salad
- 2 cups finely crushed pretzels
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
Mix ingredients together. Press into the bottom of a large flat baking dish. Bake 8 minutes at 350 degrees F. Let cool. Meanwhile, prepare layers 2 and 3.
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 (8 ounces) container Cool Whip
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
Mix together, and spread on top of cooled crust.
- 1 large box black cherry Jell-O
- 2 cans whole cranberry sauce
- 2 cups boiling water
Mix well; let cool and pour over the second layer. NOTE: The third layer can be mixed first and set in the refrigerator while other layers are being prepared. Just don't forget it and leave it too long; you don't want it to congeal.
Easy One-Dish Supper
- 1 pound loaf frozen white bread dough, thawed
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (4 ounces) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (8 ounces) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Watkins Oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon Watkins Thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon Watkins Basil
- 1/4 teaspoon Watkins Parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon Watkins Black Pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- Watkins Omelet and Souffle Seasoning
Divide dough in half. Use one half for this recipe and save the other half for another meal. Brown ground beef along with onions in a large skillet; drain grease if necessary. Add next nine ingredients. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Pour into a 2-quart oval casserole. Cool to warm.
Break bread dough into 20 smaller pieces and place on top of warm beef mixture. Cover and let rise 30 minutes or until the dough has doubled in size. Lightly brush dough with beaten egg and sprinkle with Omelet and Souffle Seasoning. Bake, uncovered at 375 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes. Serve hot. Makes 6 servings.